SIGNS OF ADDICTION
Some common symptoms of addiction, provided by the U.S. Library of Medicine, are listed below:
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Change in sleep patterns- sometimes sleeping to much and other times not at all
- Abnormal periods of extreme energy or chattiness
- Chronic upper respiratory issues (e.g., nosebleeds or sinusitis) which are signs of drugs being snorted
- Utilizing incense, dryer sheets or perfume to hide smoke or smells related to drugs
- Increased need for money
- Evidence of drug paraphernalia such as pipes, rolling papers, etc.
- Always carrying eye drops which can be used to mask bloodshot eyes
- Worsening dental problems which can be a sign of methamphetamine use
- Prescription drugs missing from family or friends
Other Common Signs:
- You need to use more substance/engage in the behavior than before to get the same amount of pleasure
- You use the substance in the behavior and unable to stop
- You get withdrawal symptoms
- You continue with your addiction even though you know it physically harms you.
- You have personal relationship problems
- You avoid social events and functions
- You take risks
- You get obsessed
- You are in denial
- You hide your abuse
The process of treatment begins with a phone call by you, an affected family member or loved one, requesting an assessment. Tellurian does not automatically assume a diagnosis of alcoholism, addiction or other problems, without first conducting an assessment and evaluation by one of the center’s highly trained and certified staff.
If you or someone you suspect may have an Addiction, please call us at (608) 222-7311 and ask for Patient Services or email them at PatientServices@Tellurian.org.